11 Sep 2013
It seems that we’re nearing that time of the year… the days are starting to get longer, the temperature is warming up, and things are looking a lot more colourful. Yes, spring is in the air!
Regardless of the time of year you decide to sell your Padstow to Picnic Point home, presentation can have a real influence on the impression your home makes on buyers. Typically buyers will assume a property is worth far more when it is presented beautifully, rather than if it’s dark, smelly and full of clutter. However, in the spring time there seems to be even more of a need to hit the market with a property that’s really fresh and inviting.
Here are a few of our tips to be successful in the spring market:
- Start outside. You’d be surprised how much of a difference it can make simply washing down the outside walls of your home, and removing the cobwebs and bird droppings.
- Complement the fresh exterior to your home with a freshening up of the gardens. If you’re not typically a green thumb the chances are your yards are looking a little shabby. There’s no need to employ a landscaper and spend a tonne of cash. Simply mowing the lawns, neatening the edges, weeding garden beds and ensuring sick looking plants are replaced with lively vibrant ones will make a huge impact.
- Pay attention to detail. The sun will likely be shining on your home during spring open homes, so make sure things are in good condition. Fix the loose paling on the fence, make sure the house number that is falling off has been secured, and broken roof tiles are replaced.
- Nothing says spring like a good old spring clean! This is a great time to roll up your sleeves and start de-cluttering, scrubbing, dusting and polishing. There’s no need to throw everything away, but try to make sure things are put away and you have adequate storage so that toys, clothes and knick knacks all have a place. You’ll find that a spring clean will maximise your space, and lift the whole mood of your home.
- Finally, it’s spring so don’t be afraid to add a splash of colour! We all know that neutral tones are recommended when selling properties, as they’re unlikely to offend, distract or turn buyers off. However, a splash of colour in spring is perfectly acceptable. Brighten things up with some colourful cushions, fittings, flowers and wall art.
There is no doubt that real estate prices in Revesby and Padstow are on the RISE. We would love to answer any questions you may have about our local areas of Padstow, Padstow Heights, Revesby, Revesby Heights, East Hills, Panania, Picnic Point and Milperra please do not hesitate to contact us, we are available 7 days.